Using just the spacebar on your keyboard, you can then playout each CG, putting them in preview first by pressing the spacebar once, and then transferring them to program by pressing the spacebar again.
Supported character generators
Chyron character generators (requires Lyric or Lyric PRO)
Compix character generators (requires GenCG and AutoCast v220.127.116.11 build 20801 or higher)
The graphic file itself should be stored in the images directory on your character generator. If you're using a Chyron character generator, you can define what directory is the images directory in Lyric by going to the "Config" menu, selecting "Preferences" and clicking on the "Default Paths" tab. If you're using a Compix character generator, you can do the same in AutoCast by going to the "Tools" menu and selecting "Folder Settings."
Due to technical limitations of the Chyron Intelligent Interface protocol (which is not only used to communicate with Chyron character generators), you cannot insert backslashes (\) in CGs. The one exception to this is when using double-quotes ("). They must be properly "escaped" with a preceding backslash (\). For example:
When you're ready to begin playing out CGs on your character generator, load up the Character Generator Controller.
1. On the rundown page, click on the title/date of your rundown to bring up the rundown menu (shown below).
2. Click on the link that says "Character Generator Controller."
3. Rundown Creator will ask you to confirm the IP address and port your relay server is running on, and the object type you'd like to playout. If you've used the Character Generator Controller before, these should already be filled in, so just press the "load controller" button.
4. When the Character Generator Controller loads, you'll see a playlist of all of the CGs in your show. It'll update automatically, in real-time, as changes are made.
The yellow line controls what will be put in your character generator's program/preview outputs next, and you can move it around using the up/down arrow keys on your keyboard, or by clicking on a CG in the playlist.
With Chyron and Compix character generators, if you press the spacebar while the yellow line is on a CG that is not already in preview, the Character Generator Controller will put it in preview. If you press the spacebar while the yellow line is on a CG that is already in preview, the Character Generator Controller will transfer it to program and the yellow line will advance to the next CG.
If you get an error saying, "There was a problem connecting to your Character Generator Controller's relay server," while using the Character Generator Controller, check that...
1. The IP address and port you're using are correct
2. Your relay server is running
3. Lyric is running, if you're using a Chyron character generator
4. AutoCast is running, if you're using a Compix character generator
5. The computer you're trying to use the Character Generator Controller from is on the same network as the relay server, or can somehow otherwise access it
If you're using a Compix character generator running GenCG and AutoCast and things aren't working properly...
Make sure you're using the latest versions of both GenCG and AutoCast. Our Character Generator Controller requires AutoCast v18.104.22.168 build 20801 or higher.